Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 01:08:04 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 190600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/190600Z-200600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/190151ZSEP2010//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/190251ZSEP2010//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 190000Z, TYPHOON 12W (FANAPI) WAS LOCATED NEAR 23.7N
121.6E, APPROXIMATELY 80 NM SOUTH OF TAIPEI TAIWAN, AND HAD TRACKED
WESTWARD AT 14 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 105 KNOTS GUSTING TO 130 KNOTS. SEE
REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 190300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 15.0N
152.0E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.9N 151.2E, APPROXIMATELY 365 NM EAST
OF GUAM. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS CURVED
BANDING WRAPPING INTO A LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC).
A 182214Z SSMIS 91 GHZ MICROWAVE PASS SHOWS DEEP CONVECTION FLARING
OVER THE LLCC AND ALONG THE EASTERN PERIPHERY OF THE CIRCULATION. A
190004Z ASCAT PASS DEPICTS A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION (15 TO 20
KNOTS) WITH STRONGER GRADIENT WINDS (25 TO 30 KNOTS) ALONG THE
EASTERN PERIPHERY. ADDITIONALLY, A 19/00Z SHIP OBSERVATION ALONG THE
WESTERN FLANK OF THE LLCC INDICATES 20 KNOT NORTHWESTERLY WINDS AND
A PRESSURE OF 1010 MB. THE SYSTEM IS IN AN AREA OF LOW VERTICAL WIND
SHEAR (10 KNOTS) AND ENHANCED DIFFLUENCE ALOFT, ASSOCIATED WITH AN
ANTICYCLONE OVER THE SYSTEM CENTER. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD.
SEE REF B (WTPN22 PGTW 190300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.