Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:01:24 -0500

271 
ATPQ40 PGUM 191501
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST MON SEP 20 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 21N152E THROUGH A 
DEVELOPING TROPICAL DISTURBANCE CENTERED NORTHEAST OF THE MARIANAS 
NEAR 17N150E...TO END AT 12N143E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ACROSS THE MARIANAS WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED 
BY A LINE FROM 13N144E TO 11N152E TO 16N155E TO 22N153E BACK TO 
13N144E...AND NORTH OF POHNPEI WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING 
FROM 10N159E TO 20N158E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH NEAR YAP AND PALAU STRETCHES SOUTHWARD FROM 
13N138E TO 7N138E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
OCCURRING AT YAP BETWEEN 7N AND 14N FROM 135E TO 140E. 

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA CENTERED AT 22N135E IS 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 20N AND 
25N FROM 133E TO 137E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTHWEST OF 
CHUUK WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N139E TO 6N148E...NEAR 
POHNPEI BUT NORTH OF KOSRAE WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING 
FROM 7N155E TO 7N161E...AND NEAR MAJURO WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 6N173E TO 8N174E.

UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER TROUGH EXTENDING 
SOUTHWARD FROM 23N172E TO 5N165E IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
NORTH OF KWAJALEIN BETWEEN 11N AND 13N FROM 164E TO 170E.
 
$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.