Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:35:19 -0500

936 
ATHW40 PHFO 192035 CCA
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE CORRECTED
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
2035 UTC SUN SEP 19 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 19 2010

HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS 
MORNING AND IS DRIVING MODERATE TO FRESH NORTHEAST WINDS ACROSS THE 
STATE. THE CENTRAL PART OF THE HIGH IS FAR NORTHWEST OF THE AREA 
AROUND 35N168W WHILE A WEAKENING SECONDARY RIDGE EXTENDS SOUTH FROM 
THE HIGH CENTER TO AROUND 29N167W AND MOISTURE FROM A DISSIPATING 
TROUGH RUNS SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST BETWEEN THESE TWO POINTS. 
INFRARED SATELLITE SHOWS A RAGGED BAND OF BROKEN STRATUS CLOUDS 
BETWEEN 24N TO 33N AND 147W TO 177W. A FEW CIRRUS CLOUD BANDS ARE 
ALSO IN THIS AREA DUE TO A WEAK UPPER TROUGH WITH AN AXIS FROM 
35N167W TO 25N174E.

FURTHER TO THE SOUTH...ANOTHER BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATUS 
CLOUDS EXTENDS ALONG A 150 MILE WIDE AXIS FROM 18N155W TO NEAR THE 
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST. THIS MOISTURE BAND IS FROM A DISSIPATING 
FRONT WHICH IS GETTING TRAINED TO THE SOUTHWEST BY THE NORTHEAST 
TRADE WINDS. MUCH OF THIS MOISTURE REACHED THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS 
OVERNIGHT AND CONTINUE THIS MORNING. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND BROKEN 
STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS TO THE SOUTHWEST AT 20 MPH. MOST OF THE SHOWERS ARE 
CONCENTRATED OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS ON MOLOKAI THROUGH KAUAI. 
OVER LAND...KAUAI...OAHU...LANAI AND MOLOKAI HAVE BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
CLOUDS OVER THE ISLAND INTERIORS AS WELL AS THE SURROUNDING COASTAL 
WATERS. MAUI HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ACROSS WINDWARD 
PORTIONS OF THE ISLAND UP TO 8 KFT IN ELEVATION WHILE LEEWARD SIDES 
OF MAUI ARE MOSTLY SUNNY. THE BIG ISLAND HAS SOME SMALL PATCHES OF 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS OVER THE NORTH KOHALA...HILO AND NEAR SOUTH POINT. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...IN THE ITCZ...MODERATE 
THUNDERSTORMS PERSIST FROM 05N TO 11N ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC 
BASIN. A DISORGANIZED LOW CENTERED AT 08N147W IS ENHANCING A BIT OF 
THE AREAL COVERAGE AND INTENSITY OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS AT TIMES. 
CLOUD TOPS REACH TO 50 KFT IN THE VERTICAL THROUGHOUT THE ITCZ.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.