Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:47:26 -0500

005 
FZPN01 KWBC 192147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN SEP 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N173E 972 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
360 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 57N W OF 172W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
20 FT...HIGHEST S. ALSO N OF 44N W OF 163W AND WITHIN 180 NM S 
AND SE OF A FRONT EXTENDING FROM 44N166W TO 38N160E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N175W 976 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE...540 NM 
SE AND 840 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 27 
FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW. ELSEWHERE N OF 45N W OF 164W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N177W 985 MB. N OF 45N BETWEEN 160W AND 
171E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW 
CENTER. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N177E 1006 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N175E. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N150W 1001 MB. FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 
142W AND 160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.42 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 50N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 50N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 47N128W 1003 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 37N151W TO 49N153W TO 55N160W. WITHIN 240 NM 
NE AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 122W AREA OF NW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 125W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N145W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N137W 1012 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM OF 
57N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 51N176E TO 61N168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 58N172W AND FROM 
42N TO 48N BETWEEN 169E AND 162E. 

.HIGH 34N168W 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N141W 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N145W 1021 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N165E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N175W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN SEP 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON SEP 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE SEP 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES NEAR 17N105W 1007 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. FROM 09N TO 15N 
BETWEEN 101W AND 110W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT 
IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 20N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 18N106W 1004 MB. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 16N105W 1004 MB...POSSIBLE TROPICAL 
CYCLONE. WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT. WITHIN 90 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N124W 1008 MB MOVING NE 5 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 110W 
AND 133W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 T0 10 FT IN PRIMARILY SW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N120W TO 12N129W. FROM 09N TO 
13N E OF TROUGH TO 102W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 17N BETWEEN 96W AND 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 14N117W TO 12N122W TO 12N130W. FROM 09N 
TO 15N E OF TROUGH TO 100W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 09N TO 12N W OF TROUGH TO 132W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.  

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N129W TO 24N140W. W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 25N W OF 138W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 22N E OF 127W TO THE W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 22N E OF 125W TO THE W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED N AND SW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W NW TO N WINDS TO
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N S WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2130 UTC SUN SEP 19...

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG N OF 14N TO THE COAST OF 
MAINLAND MEXICO BETWEEN 100W AND 105W. 

.LOW PRES 17N105W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 240 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE. 

.LOW PRES 13N125W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...MONSOONAL S TO SW FLOW 
DOMINATES THE DEEP TROPICS ACROSS THE AREA...WITH A MONSOONAL 
TROUGH EXTENDING FROM LOW PRES 17N105W 1007 MB TO 13N110W TO LOW 
PRES 13N125W 1008 MB TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 
NM S OF TROUGH BETWEEN 107W AND 120W AS WELL AS WITHIN 90 NM S 
OF TROUGH BETWEEN 130W AND 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.