Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:40:51 -0500

112 
ATHW40 PHFO 200040
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON SEP 20 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 20 2010

HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS 
MORNING AND IS DRIVING MODERATE TO FRESH NORTHEAST WINDS ACROSS THE 
STATE. THE CENTRAL PART OF THE HIGH IS FAR NORTHWEST OF THE AREA 
AROUND 34N173W WHILE A WEAKENING SECONDARY RIDGE EXTENDS SOUTHEAST 
FROM THE HIGH CENTER TO AROUND 27N166W. A RAGGED BAND OF BROKEN 
STRATUS CLOUDS FROM A DISSIPATING TROUGH RUNS EAST TO WEST BETWEEN 
THESE TWO POINTS FROM 157W TO 173W. A FEW CIRRUS CLOUD BANDS ARE 
ALSO IN THIS AREA DUE TO AN ASSOCIATED WEAK TROUGH ALOFT.

FURTHER TO THE SOUTH...ANOTHER 150 TO 200 MILES WIDE BAND OF BROKEN 
TO OVERCAST STRATUS CLOUDS EXTENDS ALONG AN AXIS FROM 19N155W TO 
NEAR THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST. THIS MOISTURE BAND IS FROM A 
DISSIPATING FRONT WHICH IS GETTING TRAINED TO THE SOUTHWEST BY THE 
NORTHEAST TRADE WINDS.  ISOLATED SHOWERS AND SCATTERED TO BROKEN 
STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS TO THE SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH. MOST OF THE SHOWERS ARE 
CONCENTRATED OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS. OVER LAND...KAUAI HAS BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER THE MOST 
OF THE INTERIOR WITH A FEW BREAKS ALONG THE COASTS. OAHU HAS CLOUD 
BUILD UPS ON THE KOOLAU AND CENTRAL PARTS OF THE ISLAND. 
MOLOKAI...LANAI AND MAUI ARE COVERED WITH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS UP TO 8 
KFT IN ELEVATION. THE BIG ISLAND IS BROKEN TO OVERCAST ACROSS 
KAU...KONA AND KOHALA AREAS. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE PRESENT OVER THE 
REST OF THE LOWER SLOPES AND THE SUMMITS ABOVE 8 KFT IN ELEVATION 
ARE SUNNY. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...IN THE ITCZ...WIDELY SCATTERED 
THUNDERSTORMS PERSIST FROM 06N TO 12N ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC 
BASIN. A DISORGANIZED LOW CENTERED AT 09N147W IS ENHANCING A BIT OF 
THE AREAL COVERAGE AND INTENSITY OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS AT TIMES. 
CLOUD TOPS REACH TO 49 KFT IN THE VERTICAL THROUGHOUT THE ITCZ.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.