Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:49:09 -0500

585 
ATPQ40 PGUM 200249
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON SEP 20 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 22N150E THROUGH A 
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NORTHEAST OF SAIPAN...WHICH REMAINS 
THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT FROM THE JOINT
TYPHOON WARNING CENTER...ACROSS THE MARIANAS TO END AT 11N141E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NEAR THE CNMI IN AN 
AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 17N140E TO 8N152E TO 18N158E TO 24N151E 
BACK TO 17N140. 

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD BETWEEN PALAU AND YAP FROM 
5N134E TO 14N138E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SPREAD ACROSS 
PALAU AND NEAR YAP IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 17N136E TO 7N130E TO 4N134E 
TO 2N130E TO EQ134N TO 6N144E BACK TO 17N136E.

AN UPPER LOW NEAR 23N134E...SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA IS TRIGGERING A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 20N AND 24N FROM 130E TO 134E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 6N160E TO 
5N165E TO 9N171E...ACROSS KWAJALEIN AND KOSRAE. 

$$

M. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.