Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 23:45:42 -0500

259 
FZPN40 PHFO 200445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON SEP 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 09N149W 1010 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. TROUGH FROM 09N140W TO LOW 
TO 07N170W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LOW AND TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 09N150W 1010MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 08N151W 1010MB.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 20N153W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 21N178E TO 14N175E MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N178W TO 24N163W TO 13N153W TO 
10N166W TO 17N178E TO 24N178W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 24N E OF 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 09N TO 23N BETWEEN 158W AND 
174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 07N TO 21N BETWEEN 165W AND 
171E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN 11N AND 15N W OF 168E. 

.ITCZ FROM 07N171W TO 07N179W TO 09N168E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 161E AND 171E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.