Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 00:32:04 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 200600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/200600Z-210600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/200151ZSEP2010//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/200151ZSEP2010//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. REF B IS A TROPICAL
/CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 200000Z, TYPHOON 12W (FANAPI) WAS LOCATED NEAR 23.9N
117.6E, APPROXIMATELY 210 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF HONG KONG CHINA, AND
HAD TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTARD AT 13 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 200300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 13.9N
151.2E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 18.0N 146.7E, APPROXIMATELY 175 NM
NORTH-NORTHEAST OF SAIPAN. RECENT ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY INDICATES A PARTIALLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) WITH EXTENSIVE DEEP CONVECTION FLARING ALONG THE EASTERN
PERIPHERY. RECENT OBSERVATIONS FROM SAIPAN INDICATE WEAK LOW LEVEL
SOUTH-SOUTHWESTERLY FLOW INTO THE SOUTHERN PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC.
UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS REVEALS THE LLCC IS LOCATED BENEATH A STRONG
ANTICYCLONE, CAUSING ENHANCED DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. ADDITIONALLY,
TROPICAL UPPER TROPOSPHERIC TROUGH (TUTT) CELLS TO THE NORTH AND
EAST OF THE SYSTEM ARE INDUCING INCREASED POLEWARD AND EASTWARD
OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS GOOD. SEE REF B (WTPN22 PGTW 200300)
FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.