Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 04:36:49 -0500

867 
ATPQ40 PGUM 200936 AAA
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE...UPDATED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
730 PM CHST MON SEP 20 2010

UPDATED TO INCLUDE NEWLY-FORMED TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13W

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

THE TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NORTH OF SAIPAN IS NOW TROPICAL DEPRESSION 
13W...AND IS CENTERED NEAR 19N146E. 13W IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 
10 MPH WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER...OVER THE 
NORTHERN MARIANAS WITHIN 160 MILES OF 17N147E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
ALSO FOUND FARTHER EAST AND NORTH OF THE MARIANAS WITHIN 150 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 11N153E TO 20N155E TO 22N152E TO 21N147E. REFER TO 
JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 PGTW AND NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ32 PGUM FOR FURTHER 
INFORMATION ON TROPICAL DEPRESSION 13W.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD BETWEEN PALAU AND YAP FROM 
5N134E TO 14N138E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SPREAD ACROSS 
PALAU AND NEAR YAP IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 17N136E TO 7N130E TO 4N134E 
TO 2N130E TO EQ134N TO 6N144E BACK TO 17N136E.

AN UPPER LOW NEAR 23N134E...SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA IS TRIGGERING A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 20N AND 24N FROM 130E TO 134E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 6N160E TO 
5N165E TO 9N171E...ACROSS KWAJALEIN AND KOSRAE. 

$$

M. AYDLETT/W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.