Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 04:52:29 -0500

933 
FZPN01 KWBC 200952
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON SEP 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N180W 977 MB MOVING NE 10 KT WILL TURN NW AFTER 24 HOURS.
WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32
FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 660 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25
TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM NE...540 NM
SE...AND 840 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO
21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N176W 981 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE
QUADRANTS...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 660 NM S AND SE AND ALSO
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11
TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 63N BETWEEN 164W AND 170E WINDS
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N179E 987 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N175E 1008 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 44N165W
TO LOW CENTER TO 37N165E. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE OF FRONT WINDS
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N171W 1004 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE AND
540 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 44N162W 1005 MB AND
A SECOND CENTER 45N153W 1003 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS
OF FIRST CENTER...AND WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS OF SECOND
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO
46N BETWEEN 148W AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH ONE CENTER 51N147W 992 MB AND
A SECOND CENTER 54N154W 994 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF FIRST CENTER
EXCEPT 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 120 NM E AND SE
QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 57N BETWEEN 138W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 30
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 47N155E 999 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E 
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N166E 984 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW OF A
LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 49N178W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 53N W OF 172W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 52N128W 1004 MB MOVING S 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM S
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N127W 1012 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT.
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.LOW 45N147W 1010 MB MOVING SE 10 KT WITH TROUGH EXTENDING FROM
LOW CENTER NW TO 56N159W. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E OF TROUGH AND
WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 180 NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS
TO 10 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N140W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND SW
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY COMPLEX LOW IN
SECOND WARNING ABOVE.

.FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 124W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 126W AND 118W AREA OF
NW WINDS TO 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM W AND NW OF A LINE
FROM 50N180W TO 60N164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE
FROM 48N179W TO 60N173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 51N BETWEEN 179W AND
167E...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF 59N172W.

.HIGH 53N146W 1016 MB MOVING NE 10 KT AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 34N140W 1020 MB MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA.

.HIGH 34N171W 1025 MB MOVING SE 10 KT AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N164W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH JUST W OF AREA 44N159E 1020 MB MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N175E 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N170W 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON SEP 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE SEP 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED SEP 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES NEAR 19N107W 1003 MB MOVING NW 8 KT. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. FROM 09N TO 16N 
BETWEEN 101W AND 116W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 20N BETWEEN 97W AND 117W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 21N109W 1002 MB...POSSIBLE TROPICAL 
CYCLONE. WITHIN 120 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 22N111.5W 1006 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.  

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N124W 1008 MB MOVING NE 5 KT. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
13N BETWEEN 116W AND 129W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 T0 
10 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR LOW PRES 13.5N122W 1006 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. WITHIN 150 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 117W AND 126W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 102W AND 117W SW 
TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 14N119W 1006 MB. WITHIN 60 NM NW 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 112W AND 120W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 112W SW 
TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 
90W AND 100W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.N OF 22N BETWEEN 113W AND 121W NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N BETWEEN 114W AND 120W WIND LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 122W TO W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 22N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N BETWEEN 118W AND 121W NW TO N WINDS TO
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N125.5W TO 26N132W TO 25N140W. NW 
OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N SE TO S WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0930 UTC MON SEP 20...

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG N OF 14N TO THE COAST OF 
MAINLAND MEXICO BETWEEN 100W AND 105W. 

.LOW PRES 19N107W...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 180 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE. 

.LOW PRES 13N124W...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 150 NM 
SW QUADRANT. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM NE QUADRANT.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...MONSOONAL S TO SW FLOW 
DOMINATES THE DEEP TROPICS ACROSS THE AREA...WITH A MONSOON 
TROUGH EXTENDING FROM 16N103W TO 13N112W TO LOW PRES 13N124W 
1009 MB TO 11N130W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
WITHIN WAS NOTED WITHIN 270 NM S OF AXIS E OF 110W. SCATTERED TO 
LOCALLY NUMEROUS ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 180 
NM S OF AXIS W OF 110W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.