Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:45:21 -0500

152 
FZPN40 PHFO 201045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON SEP 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 21N151W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 09N180E TO 16N176E MOVING SW 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM NE OF TROUGH S OF 13N.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 08N167W TO 05N174W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM S AND 210 NM N OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N171W TO 29N160E MOVING N 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N146W TO 28N150W TO 30N161W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N179W 25N160W 11N154W 09N172W 
18N176E 25N179W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 22N152W 
TO 27N165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 08N TO 24N BETWEEN 159W AND 
173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N175E 11N162W 
03N173W 13N168E 24N175E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 03N TO 15N W OF 170E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 18N BETWEEN 175E AND 170E...AND WITHIN 
60 NM OF LINE FROM 20N168E TO 22N168E.

.ITCZ FROM 06N176W TO 06N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 
08N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.