Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:45:12 -0500

869 
FZPN40 PHFO 201645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON SEP 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 29N166W MOVING S SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 08N166W TO 05N176W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM S AND 240 NM N OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 29N145W 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. RIDGE FROM 
HIGH TO 28N156W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N169E TO 30N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N179W 25N161W 11N154W 08N166W 
13N178E 20N175E 25N179W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 
21N153W TO 25N161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 24N180W 20N164W 
10N157W 07N173W 11N172E 19N172E 25N180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 23N175E 11N160W 
04N174W 13N168E 19N168E 23N175E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 10N TO 14N W OF 172E...FROM 14N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 174E AND 168E...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINES FROM 09N179E TO 
13N177E AND FROM 14N178E TO 18N177E...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 
22N167E.

.ITCZ FROM 06N177W TO 06N163E TO 07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 04N TO 10N W OF 175E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.