Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:00:09 -0500

877 
ATHW40 PHFO 201800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC MON SEP 20 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC SEPTEMBER 20 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS THIS MORNING ARE PREVALENT OVER WINDWARD AND 
MAUKA SECTIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES...WITH SOME OF THE BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDINESS MAKING INTO LEEWARD AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLES AND WEST 
MAUI.  LEEWARD PORTIONS OF EAST MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND ARE CLEAR TO 
PARTLY CLOUDY...AS ARE THE WESTERN THIRDS OF OAHU AND KAUAI.  LOW 
CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH.

CLOUDINESS FROM AN OLD FRONTAL BOUNDARY IS CAUSING OCCASIONAL LOW 
CEILINGS NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND.  BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO PRODUCING CEILINGS IMMEDIATELY NORTH AND 
SOUTHWEST OF MAUI COUNTY...AND SOUTH OF OAHU.  SKIES ARE OTHERWISE 
CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

MOST OF THE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE OLD 
FRONT...AS ALLUDED TO ABOVE...ARE WITHIN 75 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 27N134.5W TO 26N140W TO 22N148.5W TO 16.5N155.5W.  SOME OF 
THE CLOUDINESS AROUND THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI COUNTY HAD BEEN MORE 
DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT YESTERDAY AND LAST NIGHT.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...THE AXIS OF A NORTHEAST TO 
SOUTHWEST ORIENTED TROUGH IS ALONG A LINE FROM 30N147W TO 24N154W TO 
JUST OVER OAHU TO 19N157W.  THE SYSTEM APPEARS TO BE MOVING TOWARD 
THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
CONVECTION IS OCCURRING FROM 05N TO 11N.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.