Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:00:14 -0500

321 
ATHW40 PHFO 210000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC TUE SEP 21 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC SEPTEMBER 20 2010

MUCH OF THE ALOHA STATE IS SUNNY TO PARTLY CLOUDY THIS EARLY 
AFTERNOON.  LOW CEILINGS ARE MAINLY CONCENTRATED IN MAUKA AND 
WINDWARD UPSLOPE AREAS FROM KAUAI TO MAUI.  THE BIG ISLAND IS SEEING 
THE MOST CLOUDINESS...ESPECIALLY IN WINDWARD COASTAL SECTIONS AND 
OVER THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES BELOW 7000 FEET...EXCEPT IN LEEWARD KOHALA 
WHERE SKIES ARE SCATTERED AS OF BULLETIN TIME...AND UPSLOPE FROM 
APUA POINT WHERE CONDITIONS ARE NEARLY CLEAR.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS 
FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS IS 
EVIDENT SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  
MOST OF THESE CLOUDS ARE REMNANTS FROM AN OLD FRONTAL BOUNDARY.  
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FARTHER TO THE WEST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND SOUTH OF OAHU.  CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED 
ELSEWHERE.

THE REMNANT LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE OLD FRONT...AS MENTIONED 
ABOVE...ARE CURRENTLY NORTHEAST AND EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
WITHIN 70 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 26.5N137.5W TO 
24.5N143.5W TO 21.5N149W TO 18N154.5W.  THE CLOUDINESS AS A WHOLE 
HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY SINCE THIS MORNING.

LOOKING ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...THE AXIS OF A NORTHEAST TO 
SOUTHWEST ORIENTED TROUGH IS ALONG A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 27N150W TO 
JUST OVER MAUI COUNTY TO 19N158W.  THE TROUGH HAS SLOWED OVER THE 
PAST SEVERAL HOURS...BECOMING NEARLY STATIONARY JUST SOUTH OF THE 
ISLES.  THE NORTHERN PORTION OF THE SYSTEM HAS RECENTLY BEEN HEADING 
TOWARD THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH.

CONVECTION CONTINUES TO FIRE ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  THE UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE MAINLY LOCATED FROM 08N TO 12.5N BETWEEN 124W AND 156W...AND 
FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 162W AND 174E.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.