Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:57:42 -0500

307 
ATPQ40 PGUM 210257
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST TUE SEP 21 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TROPICAL STORM 13W IS CENTERED JUST NORTHWEST OF AGRIHAN NEAR 
18N146E...AND IS MOVING TO THE NORTHWEST AT 7 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND SCATTERED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND AROUND THE CENTER AND ACROSS THE NORTHERN 
MARIANAS BETWEEN 14N AND 20N FROM 140E TO 149E. TRADE-WIND 
CONVERGENCE ALONG THE EASTERN EDGE OF 13W IS PRODUCING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 15N AND 24N FROM 151E TO 155E. FOR 
FURTHER INFORMATION ON TROPICAL STORM 13W...REFER TO JTWC BULLETINS 
UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 PGTW AND NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC 
ADVISORIES UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ32 PGUM.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS WESTWARD FROM TROPICAL STORM 13W TO 12N130E 
AND FARTHER WEST. SCATTERED SHOWERS EXIST WELL NORTH OF KOROR AND 
YAP WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 15N140E TO 14N132E TO 
12N130E.  

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTH OF 
CHUUK WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 3N141E TO 5N153E TO 
6N160E TO 9N167E TO 9N171E...INCLUDING POHNPEI AND KWAJALEIN...AND 
EAST OF MAJURO IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 20N170E TO 15N167E TO 3N180 TO 
8N180 BACK TO 20N170E.

$$

M. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.