Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:45:53 -0500

220 
FZPN40 PHFO 210445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE SEP 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 09N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 30N147W TO 26N150W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 30N175E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 08N TO 24N BETWEEN 161W TO 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 06N TO 21N BETWEEN 167W AND 
172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 07N TO 19N BETWEEN 175W AND 
171E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 06N160E TO 20N170E TO 
08N180E TO 06N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N153W TO 07N170W TO 05N180W TO 05N170E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N AND 90 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 178E.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.