Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Malakas (13w) Intermediate Advisory Number 4a

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:11:52 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 210711
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 4A
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
500 PM CHST TUE SEP 21 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF AGRIHAN...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR AGRIHAN IN THE 
NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS.

AT 500 PM CHST...0700Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) 
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 18.4 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 144.7 
DEGREES EAST...BASED ON SATELLITE AND RADAR IMAGERY.

THIS IS ABOUT     70 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF AGRIHAN
                  75 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF PAGAN
                 240 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 345 MILES NORTH OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 5 MPH. A 
GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE WEST IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 40 MPH. TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS 
EXPECTED TO SLOWLY INTENSIFY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. TROPICAL STORM FORCE 
WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 65 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 500 PM CHST POSITION...18.4 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE 
AND 144.7 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 5 MPH 
WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 8 PM...FOLLOWED BY AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY AT 11 PM.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.