Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Malakas (13w) Advisory Number 5

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 05:15:56 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 211014
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) ADVISORY NUMBER 5
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
800 PM CHST TUE SEP 21 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS WEST-SOUTHWEST OF AGRIHAN...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR AGRIHAN IN THE 
NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS.

AT 700 PM CHST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) 
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 18.2 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 144.7 
DEGREES EAST...BASED ON SATELLITE AND RADAR IMAGERY.

THIS IS ABOUT     75 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF AGRIHAN
                  75 MILES WEST OF PAGAN
                 225 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 330 MILES NORTH OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 5 MPH. A 
GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT 24 
HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN AT 40 MPH. TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS 
(13W) IS EXPECTED TO SLOWLY INTENSIFY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. TROPICAL 
STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 PM CHST POSITION...18.2 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE 
AND 144.7 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 5 MPH 
WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 11 PM LATER THIS EVENING...FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT SCHEDULED 
ADVISORY AT 2 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.