Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:23:02 -0500

443 
FZPN01 KWBC 211222
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...RETRANSMISSION  
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE SEP 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N176W 982 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 660 NM 
SW AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N173W 990 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 45N156W 1005 MB MOVING NE 25 
KT. WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 51N149W 990 
MB. WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N138W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NE 
AND 480 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 
...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 41N AND 48N W OF 164E AREA OF S 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST NW OF THE AREA NEAR 53N164E 980 MB. 
WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 49N176E TO 40N166E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N169W 976 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 42N139W 1010 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 38N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 178W AND 166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 46N 
W OF 177E.

.HIGH 52N143W 1016 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N139W 1020 MB WILL MOVE SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF FORECAST AREA. 

.HIGH 33N162W 1023 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N144W 1021 MB. 

.HIGH 40N174E 1022 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N170W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 31N176E 1021 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N173E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE SEP 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED SEP 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU SEP 23.

.WARNINGS...UPDATED.

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING...
.TROPICAL STORM GEORGETTE SPECIAL NEAR 22.1N 109.5W 1001 MB AT
1200 UTC SEP 21 MOVING NNW OR 335 DEG AT 8 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS 35 KT GUSTS 45 KT. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS WITHIN 45 NM
OF CENTER EXCEPT 0 NM SW QUADRANT.  SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER WITHIN
45 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 0 NM W SEMICIRCLE WITH SEAS TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION SPECIAL INLAND NEAR 25.4N 
111.5W. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL REMNANT LOW SPECIAL NEAR 28.1N
112.3W. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 25 KT GUSTS 35 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...DISSIPATED.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.
.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20  TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N123.5W 1009 MB MOVING NE 5 KT. WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LOW CENTER WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 127W SW TO W WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N 
TO 11N BETWEEN 127W AND 135W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 T0 9 FT 
IN MIXED SW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 08N TO 18N BETWEEN 93W 
AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 14N119W 1006 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE AND 
60 NM NW SEMICIRCLES OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 102W AND 123W SW 
TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED SW SWELL. 
REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 08N TO 16N BETWEEN 98W AND 122W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 14.5N112.5W 1004 MB. WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LOW CENTER WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 100W AND 120W...AND FROM 10N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 91W AND 100W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.N OF 23N BETWEEN 112W AND 121W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. FROM 20N TO 23N BETWEEN 114W AND 121W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 121W TO W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 20N TO 26N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N E OF 122W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA S TO SE WINDS 20 KT LOCALLY TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N...EXCEPT AS NOTED 
ABOVE SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N129W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 
12N BETWEEN 123W AND 132W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N125.5W 1007 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LOW CENTER WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N 
TO 14N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 20N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 19N W OF 135W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON SEP 21...

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 
110W. SIMILAR CONVECTION WAS N OF 05N E OF 99W.  

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...MONSOONAL S TO SW WINDS 
DOMINATE THE DEEP TROPICS. THE ASSOCIATED MONSOON TROUGH WAS 
ANALYZED FROM 19N107W TO 14N113W TO LOW PRES 13N123.5W 1009 MB 
TO 11N140W. SCATTERED TO LOCALLY NUMEROUS MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 45 NM N AND 210 NM S OF AXIS 
W OF 117W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.