Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Malakas (13w) Intermediate Advisory Number 5a

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:45:53 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 211245
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 5A
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
1100 PM CHST TUE SEP 21 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) WEST-NORTHWEST OF AGRIHAN...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR AGRIHAN IN THE 
NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS.

AT 1000 PM CHST...1200Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) 
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 19.0 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 144.7 
DEGREES EAST...POSITION RELOCATED BASED ON SATELLITE IMAGERY.

THIS IS ABOUT     65 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF AGRIHAN
                  95 MILES NORTHWEST OF PAGAN
                 275 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 385 MILES NORTH OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 5 MPH. A 
GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT 24 
HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 45 MPH. TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS 
EXPECTED TO SLOWLY INTENSIFY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. TROPICAL STORM FORCE 
WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 1000 PM CHST POSITION...19.0 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE 
AND 144.7 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 5 MPH 
WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 45 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 2 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING...FOLLOWED BY AN INTERMEDIATE 
ADVISORY AT 5 AM.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.