Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:45:15 -0500

632 
FZPN40 PHFO 211645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE SEP 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 10N147W TO 12N152W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 30N149W TO 26N153W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N169W TO 29N175W TO 30N177E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 08N TO 22N BETWEEN 160W TO 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 06N TO 21N BETWEEN 167W AND 
170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 21N BETWEEN 175W AND 
170E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 26N BETWEEN 162E AND 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N155W TO 09N167W TO 06N179W TO 10N171E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.