Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:45:22 -0500

525 
FZPN40 PHFO 212245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE SEP 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 12N152W 1011 MB MOVING W 5 KT. MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N157W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N160W 1012 MB. 
 
.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 11N151W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM S OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 30N149W TO 28N151W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N141W TO 25N152W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168W TO 29N175W TO 30N179E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 07N TO 21N BETWEEN 164W TO 171E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 07N TO 21N BETWEEN 171W AND 
173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 09N TO 21N BETWEEN 180E AND 
168E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 09N TO 26N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N155W TO 09N170W TO 07N175E TO 08N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 170W AND 
172E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.