Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:53:17 -0500

886 
ATPQ40 PGUM 220253
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST WED SEP 22 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS CENTERED WEST-NORTHWEST OF AGRIHAN 
NEAR 20N142E...AND IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 45 MPH. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND WEST OF THE MARIANAS WITHIN 200 MILES OF 16N142E. 
LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS ON THE 
EASTERN EDGE OF MALAKAS IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N145E TO 21N143E TO 
12N150E TO 18N158E BACK TO 25N145E. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON 
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W)...REFER TO JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPN32 PGTW AND NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES 
UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ32 PGUM.

SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE DEVELOPING EAST OF AN UPPER LOW CENTERED NORTH 
OF WAKE ISLAND NEAR 24N160E...WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING 
FROM 18N163E TO 23N166E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN KOROR AND CHUUK IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 10N140E 
TO 3N132E TO 3N152E TO 9N156E BACK TO 10N140E...AND ACROSS KWAJALEIN 
AND MAJURO IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 10N164E TO 3N173E TO 6N180 TO 
11N171E BACK TO 10N164E. 

$$

M. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.