Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:45:21 -0500

321 
FZPN40 PHFO 220445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED SEP 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 12N153W 1011 MB MOVING W 5 KT. MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM NE 
QUADRANT OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N157W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N160W 1012 MB. 
 
.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 12N151W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM S OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N167W TO 29N175W TO 30N179E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT FROM 06N TO 22N BETWEEN 166W TO 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 07N TO 21N BETWEEN 174W AND 
170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN 165E AND 
177E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 27N W OF 168E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N155W TO 09N170W TO 08N180E TO 08N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 170W AND 
167E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 172W 
AND 170E...AND WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.