Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Malakas (13w) Advisory Number 9

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 04:36:24 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 220936
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) ADVISORY NUMBER 9
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
800 PM CHST WED SEP 22 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) GRADUALLY MOVING AWAY FROM THE 
MARIANAS...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 PM CHST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) 
WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 19.7 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 142.0 
DEGREES EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    250 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF AGRIHAN
                 400 MILES NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 470 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 8 MPH. A 
GRADUAL TURN TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 
24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 45 MPH. TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) IS 
EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY INTENSIFY DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TROPICAL 
STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE CENTER...MAINLY 
EAST OF THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 PM CHST POSITION...19.7 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
142.0 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 8 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 45 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 2 AM THURSDAY MORNING.

$$

WILLIAMS/CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.