Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 04:58:08 -0500

479 
FZPN01 KWBC 220958
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED SEP 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N148W 989 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 420 NM 
SW AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N143W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N138W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE 
AND 420 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NEAR 52N170W 973 MB WITH A FRONT FROM 
CENTER TO 50N159W TO 41N164W. WITHIN 780 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS 
AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N163W 965 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 50N153W 959 
MB. WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 900 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM NW AND N 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N164E 982 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
AND FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 178W AND 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N173W 989 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
WITHIN 600 NM E OF A LINE FROM 55N180W TO 44N170W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 36N AND E OF 123W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 38N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N AND W OF ALASKA 
AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N160E 1006 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 178W AND 164E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE OF A LINE 
FROM 51N162W TO 47N165W TO 41N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 41N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 136W AND 150W. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 39N AND 47N W OF 169E. 

.HIGH 46N132W 1013 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N155W 1021 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 39N169W 1022 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N175E 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N172E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N169E 1024 MB. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 42N171E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N178E 1022 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N137W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED SEP 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU SEP 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI SEP 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION GEORGETTE NEAR 25.8N 110.7W 1000 MB AT 0900 
UTC SEP 22 MOVING N NW OR 345 DEG AT 12 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED 
WINDS 30 KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT OVER THE GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA WITHIN 90 NM NE OF CENTER. ELSEWHERE FROM 22N TO 24N 
E OF 110W INCLUDING THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N SE TO S WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION GEORGETTE INLAND NEAR 
30.4N 111.3W. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 25 KT GUSTS 35 KT. OVER 
GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION GEORGETTE REMNANT LOW 
INLAND NEAR 33.1N 111.3W. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 20 KT GUSTS 25 
KT. OVER GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...LOW DISSIPATED INLAND.

.N OF 23N E OF 120W TO W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N E OF 120W TO W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 23N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 121W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N119W 1007 MB. WITHIN 45 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. LOW PRES 11N134W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 
NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 112W AND 134W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 98W AND 112W SW TO 
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 14N114W 1006 MB. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. LOW PRES 
12.5N128.5W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W SW 
TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 09N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 95W AND 106W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13.5N112W 1006 MB. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. LOW PRES 
11N127.5W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 108W AND 
127W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 
13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED SEP 22...

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION GEORGETTE...NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG 
WITHIN 60 NM OF CENTER. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 60 TO 120 NM NW 
OF CENTER.  

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...MONSOONAL S TO SW WIND FLOW 
DOMINATES THE DEEP TROPICS ACROSS THE AREA. A MONSOON TROUGH WAS 
ANALYZED FROM 13N105W TO LOW PRES 13N119W 1007 MB TO LOW PRES 
11N134W 1010 MB TO LOW PRES 11N140W 1012 MB. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 45 NM N OF TROUGH 
AXIS AND S OF TROUGH TO 08N W OF 105W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED FROM 06N TO THE PACIFIC 
COASTS BETWEEN 85W AND 105W...WITH A CLUSTER OF NUMEROUS 
MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION OCCURRING WITHIN 150 NM OF 
13.5N95.5W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.