Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:45:11 -0500

974 
FZPN40 PHFO 221645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED SEP 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 13N155W 1010 MB MOVING W 5 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 NM 
N OF LOW. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N156W 1011 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 
NM N OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N158W 1011 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 
NM N OF LOW. 
 
.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 11N146W TO 13N152W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM S OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 30N175E 1023 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF AREA. 

.HIGH 29N143W 1020 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 26N153W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 29N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N144W 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N143W 1019 MB. 

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 07N TO 21N BETWEEN 168W AND 171E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 09N TO 23N BETWEEN 174W AND 
168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 13N TO 21N BETWEEN 163E AND 
175E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 172E....AND FROM 21N 
TO 28N W OF 164E. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N159W TO 09N173W TO 06N178E TO 07N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 170W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.