Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:39:44 -0500

396 
FZPN01 KWBC 222139
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED SEP 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 24. 

.WARNINGS.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 51N176W 982 MB MOVING E 25 KT. FROM 38N TO 51N BETWEEN 164W 
AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N165W 965 MB. FROM 42N TO 51N BETWEEN 
160W AND 178E WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 37N TO 57N BETWEEN 145W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N148W 946 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 56N144W TO 53N135W TO 48N136W. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND 120 NM E OF FRONT FROM 53N TO 58N WINDS 50 TO 65 
KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...180 NM N AND E OF FRONT...AND FROM 40N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 168W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 
FT...EXCEPT 10 TO 18 FT E OF FRONT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 128W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 50N143W 984 MB MOVING E 15 KT AND WILL TURN MORE NE AFTER 
18 HOURS. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 54N BETWEEN 133W AND 154W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N135W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE 
AND 360 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 52N148W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N169E 980 MB MOVING E 25 KT. FROM 46N TO 54N W OF 176E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N165W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 44N166E 1004 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N165W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 34N BETWEEN 117W AND 122W AREA OF NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 61N TO 64N AND W OF ALASKA AREA OF E 
TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 61N TO 64N AND W OF ALASKA AREA OF E TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 59N TO 64N BETWEEN THE ALASKA COAST AND 
172W AREA OF NE TO N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N170E 1005 MB. FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 
175E AND 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 171W AND 175E AND FROM 38N TO 46N W OF 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 38N TO 47N W OF 174E.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 131W AND 138W.  

.HIGH 33N149W 1020 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 40N158W 1018 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 30N175E 1022 MB WILL MOVE NW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N170E 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N169E 1025 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 42N170E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N178E 1024 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N132W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED SEP 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU SEP 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI SEP 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION GEORGETTE NEAR 28.0N 111.1W 1002 MB AT 2100 
UTC SEP 22 MOVING N OR 355 DEG AT 14 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 
30 KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT OVER THE GULF OF CALIFORNIA 
NEAR CENTER. GULF OF CALIFORNIA ELSEWHERE N OF 24N SE TO S WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST REMNANT LOW GEORGETTE INLAND NEAR 30.5N 
111.5W. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 20 KT GUSTS 25 KT. OVER GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA N OF 27N SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST REMNANT LOW WELL INLAND NEAR 33N111W. OVER 
WATER WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 24N E OF 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N BETWEEN 114W AND 120W NW TO N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 14N97W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM S SEMICIRCLE S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. LOW PRES NEAR 14N116W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 
NM NW SEMICIRCLE NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. LOW PRES 
12N132W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 
125W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13N98W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. LOW PRES NEAR 14N108W 
1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM NW SEMICIRCLE NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT. LOW PRES 12N120W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 130W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 14N107W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. LOW PRES 
10N127W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 90W AND 
120W AND FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W SW TO W WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED SEP 22...

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION GEORGETTE...SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM 
OF 28N111W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 13N88W TO 14N110W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 07N TO 16N 
BETWEEN 81W AND 104W AND WITHIN 30 NM LINE 12N115W TO 09N125W TO 
12N130W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.