Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:42:15 -0500

980 
FZPN40 PHFO 222242
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED SEP 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 13N155W 1009 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM 15N153W THROUGH LOW 
TO 12N160W TO 10N167W TO 07N173W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT 
WITHIN 60 NM N OF LOW. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM NE SEMICIRCLE 
OF LOW...AND FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 158W AND 170W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N157W 1011 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 60 NM N OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N158W 1012 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 60 NM N OF LOW. 
 
.HIGH 30N174E 1022 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 30N160E 
AND FROM HIGH TO 30N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF AREA. 

.HIGH 29N142W 1021 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 28N152W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 29N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N144W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N144W 1021 MB. 

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 08N TO 20N BETWEEN 175W AND 169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 23N BETWEEN 178W AND 
168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 18N TO 22N BETWEEN 167E AND 172E. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N176W TO 08N174E TO 07N169E TO 09N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF ITCZ W OF 174E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 174E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.