Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 23:21:53 -0500

623 
FZPN01 KWBC 230421
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU SEP 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 51N172W 977 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 660 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 49N157W 964 
MB. WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM NW 
AND N OF A FRONT FROM 52N166W TO 54N160W TO 52N145W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N147W 948 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 53N151W TO 58N147W TO 58N139W TO 51N130W TO 38N147W. WITHIN 
 240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 180 NM W OF FRONT W OF 
147W WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 660 NM S 
AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NW AND NE OF 
THE FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 960 NM S AND 660 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N140W 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE  
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E 
AND 480 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N135W 994 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM S AND NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N147W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N173E 978 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N157W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 122W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 38N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N AND W OF ALASKA AREA OF E TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N AND W OF ALASKA AREA OF NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH LOW 54N147W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N157E 1008 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
39N TO 45N W OF 164E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N175E 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM E AND 
S OF A LINE FROM 50N166W TO 47N170W TO 46N180W TO 42N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 
153W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 57N BETWEEN 128W AND 
138W.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 47N W OF 179E. 

.HIGH 32N147W 1021 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N137W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N132W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 31N173E 1023 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N170E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N172E 1025 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N175E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N177W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

PART TWO TEMPORARILY MISSING.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.