Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Malakas (13w) Advisory Number 12

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:30:23 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 230730
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) ADVISORY NUMBER 12
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
200 PM CHST THU SEP 23 2010

...MALAKAS (13W) UPGRADED TO TYPHOON...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 PM CHST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MALAKAS WAS LOCATED 
NEAR LATITUDE 20.2 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 140.9 DEGREES EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    325 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF AGRIHAN
                 475 MILES NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 530 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MALAKAS IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 5 MPH. A TURN TOWARD THE 
NORTH IS EXPECTED TONIGHT AND FRIDAY WITH AN INCREASE IN FORWARD 
SPEED.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 75 MPH. TYPHOON MALAKAS IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY INTENSIFY TONIGHT AND FRIDAY. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUT UP TO 115 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 PM POSITION...20.2 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
140.9 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 5 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 75 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 8 PM THIS EVENING.

$$

DEVITA/MIDDLEBROOKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.