Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 05:45:09 -0500

999 
FZPN40 PHFO 231045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU SEP 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N157W 1011 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 13N160W TO 
10N167W TO 09N171W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT WITHIN 90 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N...AND 
WITHIN 90 NM S...OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA FROM 12N TO 14N BETWEEN 153W AND 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N160W 1011 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N162W 1012 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 60 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. 
 
.HIGH 28N143W 1021 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 27N150W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 28N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N144W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N142W 1021 MB. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N179E TO 29N172W TO 30N162W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 08N TO 22N BETWEEN 173W AND 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 20N BETWEEN 178W AND 
162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N174W TO 08N174E TO 06N168E TO 07N160E...AND FROM 
09N140W TO 09N147W TO 12N153W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 
12N W OF 175E...WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 174W AND 175E...AND 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 153W. 

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.