Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Malakas (13w) Advisory Number 13

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:09:15 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 231209 CCA
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) ADVISORY NUMBER 13
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
800 PM CHST THU SEP 23 2010

...MALAKAS (13W) DOWNGRADED FROM TYPHOON...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 PM CHST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 21.0 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 140.9 DEGREES 
EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    515 MILES NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 580 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS IS MOVING NORTH-NORTHWEST AT 8 MPH. AN 
INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED TO THE NORTH IS EXPECTED WITHIN THE NEXT 
24 HOURS. 

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 70 MPH. TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS IS 
EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY INTENSIFY TONIGHT AND FRIDAY. TROPICAL STORM 
FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 105 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 PM CHST POSITION...21.0 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
140.9 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING NORTH-NORTHWEST AT 8 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 70 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 2 AM CHST FRIDAY.

$$

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.