Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Malakas (13w) Advisory Number 14

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:02:01 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 231501
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) ADVISORY NUMBER 14
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
200 AM CHST FRI SEP 24 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS (13W) MOVING NORTHWARD...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 AM CHST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 22.6 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 140.9 DEGREES 
EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    605 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 680 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS IS MOVING NORTH AT 14 MPH. AN INCREASE IN 
FORWARD SPEED AND A GRADUAL TURN TO THE NORTH-NORTHEAST IS EXPECTED 
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. 

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 70 MPH. TROPICAL STORM MALAKAS IS 
EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY INTENSIFY TODAY AND MAY ONCE AGAIN REACH 
TYPHOON STRENGTH. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 105 
MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 AM CHST POSITION...22.6 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
140.9 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING NORTH AT 14 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 70 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 8 AM CHST FRIDAY MORNING.

$$

ZIOBRO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.