Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:42:09 -0500

354 
FZPN01 KWBC 231542
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU SEP 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 52N167W 965 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 163W 
AND 176E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 
145W WITHIN 900 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND S OF 58N WITHIN 180 NM NW 
AND 540 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT...EXCEPT N OF THE ALEUTIANS 8 TO 12 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N162W 963 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N147W 950 MB WITH A FRONT FROM LOW TO 
50N138W TO 35N161W. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT...FROM 43N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 146W AND 164W...AND N OF 40N WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 36 FT...EXCEPT E OF THE FRONT 16 
TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE NE OF A LINE FROM 47N179W TO 34N163W TO 
33N148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N147W 948 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N AND NE OF 
A FRONT FROM 55N150W TO 57N144W TO 50N133W WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N144W 957 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 48N126W TO 33N144W TO 41N160W TO 61N176W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT...EXCEPT N OF THE ALEUTIANS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N137W 983 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FROM 45N TO 56N BETWEEN 125W 
AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT...EXCEPT E OF 131W 
8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N147W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N166E 1004 MB. FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 
172E AND 162E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N171W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.N OF 60N W OF ALASKA E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N W OF ALASKA NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N144W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 46N W OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 50N BETWEEN 134W AND 
140W AND FROM 39N TO 46N BETWEEN 172E AND 164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 41N W OF 167E. 

.HIGH 31N171E 1024 MB MOVING N 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N171E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N174E 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 43N166E 1019 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N180W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 36N174E DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N134W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N132W 1020 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N170E 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU SEP 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI SEP 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT SEP 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 26N BETWEEN 115W AND 120W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 15N100W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM S SEMICIRCLE S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N102W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 15N104W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 102W AND 120W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 11N129W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM S SEMICIRCLE SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N127W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU SEP 23...
NUMEROUS STRONG WITHIN 150 NM W SEMICIRCLE OF LOW NEAR 15N100W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...14N108W TO 11N125W TO 08N137W 
TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS 
FROM 113W AND 120W AND WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM
127W TO 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER DGS. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.