Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:45:12 -0500

383 
FZPN40 PHFO 231645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU SEP 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N158W 1011 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 13N160W TO 
10N166W TO 09N170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT WITHIN 90 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM N...AND 
WITHIN 120 NM S...OF TROUGH...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA FROM 11N TO 15N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N161W 1011 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N164W 1012 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 60 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.
 
.HIGH 28N144W 1020 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 28N153W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 28N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N179E TO 29N172W TO 30N162W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 29N170W TO 30N178W.

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 08N TO 22N BETWEEN 174W AND 164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 178E AND 
161E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 169W.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 18N TO 26N W OF 
165E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N174W TO 07N172E TO 06N167E TO 07N160E...AND FROM 
09N140W TO 09N148W TO 12N154W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 04N TO 
12N W OF 170E...WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 174W AND 170E...WITHIN
120 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 154W...AND WITHIN 150 NM S OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
150W AND 154W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.