Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:28:56 -0500

268 
ATHW40 PHFO 231828
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU SEP 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 23 2010

AN AREA OF LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN JUST NORTH OF MAUI COUNTY AND THE 
BIG ISLAND. SOME OF THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING INTO WINDWARD PORTIONS 
OF THESE ISLANDS. CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS 
VARIED FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND. OVER KAUAI ONLY A FEW LOW CLOUDS CAN 
BE SEEN OVER WINDWARD AREAS WITH MOST AREAS NEARLY CLOUD FREE. OVER 
OAHU PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE WITH 
A FEW CLOUDS BEING BLOWN OVER TO SELECT LEEWARD AREAS AT TIMES. OVER 
MOLOKAI LOW CLOUDS ARE MAINLY COVERING NORTHEAST SECTIONS OF THE 
ISLAND WHILE JUST A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER INTERIOR 
LANAI. OVER MAUI PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER THE EASTERN 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE 
WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER THE BIG ISLAND PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE 
COVERING PORTIONS OF THE WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD 
THROUGH THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. THERE ARE ALSO A FEW PATCHES OF 
LOW CLOUDS OVER THE SOUTHWEST KAU SLOPES.

TWO AREAS OF DISTURBED WEATHER CAN BE SEEN MOVING WESTWARD WELL 
SOUTH OF THE ALOHA STATE. THE FIRST AREA IS LOCATED ABOUT 500 MILES 
TO THE SOUTH OF HONOLULU. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN PULSING 
IN THIS AREA FOR THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS BUT CONTINUES TO SHOW NOW 
SIGNS OF DEVELOPMENT. CLOUD TOPS OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS HAVE 
WARMED UP A BIT. THE SECOND AREA IS CENTERED ABOUT 975 MILES 
SOUTHWEST OF HONOLULU. THUNDERSTORMS IN THIS AREA HAVE BECOME A 
LITTLE BETTER ORGANIZED OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS THOUGH CLOUD TOPS 
HAVE WARMED A BIT OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS. SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS IN 
THE UPPER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE ARE DRAWING UP SOME HIGH CIRRUS 
CLOUDS FROM THE DEEP CONVECTION BUT THESE CLOUDS REMAIN WELL SOUTH 
AND SOUTHWEST OF THE STATE.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.