Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Malakas (13w) Advisory Number 15...corrected Wording

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:21:18 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 232221 CCA
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MALAKAS (13W) ADVISORY NUMBER 15...CORRECTED WORDING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
800 AM CHST FRI SEP 24 2010

...MALAKAS (13W) HAS BEEN REUPGRADED TO TYPHOON...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 AM CHST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MALAKAS WAS LOCATED 
NEAR LATITUDE 23.7 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 141.1 DEGREES EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    665 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 745 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MALAKAS IS MOVING NORTH AT 12 MPH. AN INCREASE IN FORWARD 
SPEED AND A GRADUAL TURN TO THE NORTH-NORTHEAST IS EXPECTED TO 
CONTINUE THE NEXT 24 HOURS. 

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 75 MPH. TYPHOON MALAKAS IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY INTENSIFY TODAY. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 30 
MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 
175 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 AM CHST POSITION...23.7 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
141.1 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING NORTH AT 12 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 75 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 2 PM CHST FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

$$

DEVITA/ZIOBRO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.