Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:23:26 -0500

929 
FZPN40 PHFO 232323 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU SEP 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 11N160W TO 15N158W MOVING W 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 11N163W TO 14N160W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 09N168W TO 13N164W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
SEAS TO 9 FT WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 14N167W TO 10N169W TO 08N173W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 15N BETWEEN 166W AND 172W...AND WITHIN 60 
NM OF POINT 11N165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N172W TO 07N179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 13N175W TO 08N177E. 

.HIGH 28N145W 1021 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 27N160W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 30N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N143W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 27N165W TO 30N174W.

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED ABOVE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED ABOVE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 149W AND 166W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 26N BETWEEN 145W AND 171W. 

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 22N TO 25N W OF 163E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N150W TO 11N154W...AND FROM 08N175W TO 
08N170E TO 08N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF ITCZ BETWEEN 175W AND 162E...AND FROM 09N TO 13N W OF 165E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 150W AND 154W.

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.