Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 19:35:08 -0500

186 
ATHW40 PHFO 240035
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI SEP 24 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 24 2010

CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS VARIED FROM ISLAND TO 
ISLAND. OVER KAUAI PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN OVER INTERIOR 
SECTIONS OF THE ISLAND WHILE MOST COASTAL AREAS ONLY HAD A FEW LOW 
CLOUDS PRESENT. OVER OAHU LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES 
AND SUMMITS OF BOTH THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES WITH 
JUST A FEW LOW CLOUDS BEING OVER SELECT LEEWARD AREAS. OVER MOLOKAI 
LOW CLOUDS ARE MAINLY COVERING NORTHEAST AND INTERIOR SECTIONS OF 
THE ISLAND. OVER LANAI LOW CLOUDS ARE PRIMARILY COVERING INTERIOR 
SECTIONS. OVER MAUI PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER THE SLOPES 
OF HALEAKALA AS WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS. OVER THE BIG ISLAND PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE COVERING 
PORTIONS OF THE WINDWARD SLOPES FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH 
THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. DAYTIME HEATING OF THE SLOPES HAS 
CAUSED LOW CLOUDS TO BUILD UP OVER THE KONA AND KAU SLOPES WITH A 
FEW LOW CLOUDS ALSO SEEN OVER THE LEEWARD KOHALA SLOPES. OTHERWISE 
UPWIND OF THE ISLANDS LIE RANDOM PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS THAT 
ARE GENERALLY MOVING WESTWARD AT AROUND 15 MPH.

TWO AREAS OF DISTURBED WEATHER CAN BE SEEN MOVING WESTWARD WELL 
SOUTH OF THE ALOHA STATE. THE FIRST AREA IS LOCATED ABOUT 480 MILES 
TO THE SOUTH OF HONOLULU WHERE A WEAK LOW LEVEL CENTER CAN BE SEEN 
SPINNING. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN PULSING IN THIS AREA OVER 
THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS BUT CONTINUES TO SHOW NO SIGNS OF 
ORGANIZATION. THE SECOND AREA IS CENTERED ABOUT 900 MILES SOUTHWEST 
OF HONOLULU. THUNDERSTORMS IN THIS AREA HAVE WEAKENED OVER THE PAST 
6 HOURS AND NO LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION IS EVIDENT. SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS 
IN THE UPPER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE ARE DRAWING UP SOME HIGH 
CIRRUS CLOUDS FROM THE DEEP CONVECTION BUT THESE CLOUDS REMAIN WELL 
SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF THE STATE.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.