Subject: Pacific-NW: Ampn/ref Is Tropical Cyclone Formation Alert (wtpn21 Pgtw 230200)//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:39:02 -0500

WTPN21 PGTW 240200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
REF/A/RMG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/230151ZSEP2010//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTPN21 PGTW 230200)//
RMKS/
1. REMARKS: THIS CANCELS REF A. THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 13.6N 156.4W IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 13.7N 158.5W,
APPROXIMATELY 415 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF HILO. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL
SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 232352Z AMSU MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOW THE LOW
LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) HAS BECOME UNORGANIZED WITH
DECREASED DEEP CONVECTION. A 232038Z ASCAT PASS DEPICTS A WEAK LLCC
IN AN AREA OF TROUGHING. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES AN UPPER
LEVEL TROUGH TO THE NORTH CAUSING SUBSIDENCE WITH INCREASED VERTICAL
WIND SHEAR, MAKING THE AREA UNFAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1010 MB. DUE TO THE LACK OF
DEEP CONVECTION AND THE UNORGANIZED LLCC, THE SYSTEM HAS DISSIPATED
AND IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED SUSPECT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.