Subject: Pacific-NW: Typhoon Malakas (13w) Advisory Number 16

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 22:33:06 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 240333
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TYPHOON MALAKAS (13W) ADVISORY NUMBER 16
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP132010
200 PM CHST FRI SEP 24 2010

...TYPHOON MALAKAS (13W) MOVING NORTHWARD...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 PM CHST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TYPHOON MALAKAS WAS LOCATED 
NEAR LATITUDE 25.4 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 141.1 DEGREES EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    775 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 860 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TYPHOON MALAKAS IS MOVING NORTH AT 18 MPH. A LARGE INCREASE IN 
FORWARD SPEED AND A GRADUAL TURN TO THE NORTH-NORTHEAST ARE EXPECTED 
OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. 

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 100 MPH. TYPHOON MALAKAS IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY INTENSIFY TODAY. TYPHOON FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 35 
MILES FROM THE CENTER. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUT UP TO 
180 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 PM CHST POSITION...25.4 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
141.1 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING NORTH AT 18 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 100 MPH.

THIS WILL BE THE LAST ADVISORY TO BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE ON TYPHOON MALAKAS. 

$$

DEVITA/STANKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.