Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 22:51:33 -0500

703 
FZPN01 KWBC 240351
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI SEP 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N146W 955 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
56N142W TO 55N135W TO 53N134W. WITHIN 120 NM N AND E OF FRONT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N146W 953 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
58N140W. WITHIN 120 NM N AND W OF FRONT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N AND W OF FRONT WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
1020 NM S AND 780 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N142W 964 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 
FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 43N156E 1002 MB MOVING NE 35 KT WILL RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFY AFTER 36 HOURS. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND 120 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N166E 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 120 
NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N176E 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N159W 973 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 175W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 20 FT. ALSO 
FROM 37N TO 53N BETWEEN 158W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 50N160W 960 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N162W 
TO 54N154W TO 51N148W TO 42N155W. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM S 
AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS AND 480 NM E OF FRONT S OF 51N AND 240 NM 
N AND E OF FRONT N OF 51N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS BECOME ABSORBED INTO 
FORECAST LOW 54N146W MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW MALAKAS W OF AREA 
43.3N153.1E 963 MB. W OF A LINE FROM 33N160E TO 42N167E TO 
48N162E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 53N134W 990 MB WILL MOVE NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 56N178W 996 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
FORECAST LOW 56N146W MENTIONED ABOVE IN WARNINGS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 48N W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 169W AND 170E AND FROM 46N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 131W AND 134W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 43N W OF 167E. 

.HIGH 32N135W 1020 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N130W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N133W 1020 MB. 

.HIGH 40N173E 1024 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N180W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N175W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 34N170E 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI SEP 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT SEP 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN SEP 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES 15.5N102W 1007 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SE TO S 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 16.5N106.5W 1007 MB. WITHIN 60 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 17N111W 1007 MB. WITHIN 90 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 90W AND 105W AND FROM 08N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 105W AND 120W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 83W AND 112W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 10.5N131.5W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 11N127W 1011 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N134W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS.

.N OF 24N BETWEEN 114W AND 120W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI SEP 24...

LOW PRES 15.5N102W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OVER NW 
QUADRANT.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 12N96W TO 10N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE N OF 06N BETWEEN 82W AND 92W...AND WITHIN 60 
NM OF LINE 10N104W TO 13N111W TO 10N115W...AND LINE 09N124W TO 
11N132W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.