Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 23:42:14 -0500

826 
FZPN40 PHFO 240442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI SEP 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

PAN PAN

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 15N159W 1011 MB. TROUGH FROM 17N158W TO LOW TO 12N159W. TROUGH 
AND LOW MOVING WSW 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 FT WITHIN 90 
NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 15N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 161W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N161W 1012 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N166W 1010 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT SEAS TO 9 
FT WITHIN 60 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.

.TROUGH FROM 15N168W TO 09N170W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 165W AND 170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N171W TO 09N178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 13N178W TO 10N175E. 

.HIGH 29N144W 1020 MB. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 28N160W AND FROM HIGH TO 
30N140W. RIDGES AND HIGH NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N144W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 30N174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 26N166W TO 28N173W.

.OTHERWISE WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED ABOVE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED ABOVE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 151W AND 166W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 26N BETWEEN 146W AND 171W. 

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 23N TO 26N BETWEEN 179W AND 178E...AND 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 163E AND 165E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N150W TO 11N156W...AND FROM 10N173W TO 
09N170E TO 08N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 
175W AND 166E...AND FROM 06N TO 12N W OF 166E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 156W.

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.