Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 05:45:14 -0500

018 
FZPN40 PHFO 241045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI SEP 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N160W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH FROM LOW TO 09N163W MOVING 
WSW 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 
WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 180 NM SE QUADRANTS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 09N175W TO 13N170W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH...AND FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 164W AND 
169W.

.HIGH 29N145W 1021 MB WITH RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO HIGH TO 28N154W TO 
30N173E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 29N172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 29N174W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 14N TO 18N BETWEEN 157W AND 163W...AND FROM 10N 
TO 23N W OF 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N144W TO 
26N155W TO 27N163W TO 29N165W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 30N140W TO 24N156W TO 23N163W TO 25N170W TO 29N173W. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 11N173E TO 18N166E TO 
30N165E...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINES FROM 23N177E TO 23N179E TO 
27N178W AND FROM 16N170W TO 18N160W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N150W TO 11N156W...AND FROM 10N176W TO 
TO 07N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 11N W OF 175W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 12N E OF 156W.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.