Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:36:58 -0500

289 
FZPN01 KWBC 241536
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI SEP 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 53N145W 959 MB MOVING NE 05 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 49N153W 965 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM FIRST CENTER TO 50N137W TO 42N145W TO 34N161W. FROM 42N TO 
48N BETWEEN 148W AND 165W...AND N OF 42N WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
FRONT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 34 FT...EXCEPT E OF 140W 10 
TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1380 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 
50N122W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ALSO N OF THE 
ALEUTIANS BETWEEN THE ALASKAN COAST AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 55N146W 957 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 51N149W 960 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM FIRST 
CENTER TO 56N141W TO 50N132W TO 46N136W TO 34N158W. N OF 50N 
WITHIN 120 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 54N142W 964 MB WITH FRONT FROM 
57N151W TO 58N146W TO 51N131W TO 34N145W. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM SW QUADRANT...FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 
152W...AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ALSO N OF THE ALEUTIANS BETWEEN 159W AND 171W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N144W 983 MB. FROM 51N TO 60N BETWEEN 
135W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO N OF 51N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 46N166E 1000 MB MOVING E 40 KT AND INTENSIFYING. FROM 40N 
TO 47N W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N172W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N166W 979 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N151W 968 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXTRATROPICAL LOW MALAKAS W OF AREA 
43.9N153.8E 965 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E QUADRANT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXTRATROPICAL LOW MALAKAS W OF AREA 49N159E 
960 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 35 TO 
45 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ALSO WITHIN 660 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 44N W OF 164E SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH EXTRATROPICAL 
LOW MALAKAS.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 132W AND 140W AND FROM 39N TO 46N BETWEEN 171E AND 162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN 127W AND 
132W AND FROM 38N TO 41N W OF 168E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 174E AND 
163E.

.HIGH 33N134W 1021 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N135W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N133W 1019 MB. 

.HIGH 39N179E 1023 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH TO MERGE WITH HIGH 36N173E DESCRIBED 
BELOW. 

.HIGH 34N169E 1025 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N173E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N163E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N179E 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI SEP 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT SEP 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN SEP 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES 16N103W 1008 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 17N107W 1007 MB. WITHIN 60 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 103W AND 110W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 106W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 85W AND 90W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 87W AND 105W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 11N130W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N127W 1011 MB. WITHIN 150 NM 
OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N125W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI SEP 24...

LOW PRES 16N103W...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...14N105W TO 11N120W TO 09N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 107W 
AND 109W.

$$
.FORECASTER DGS. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.