Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:45:15 -0500

960 
FZPN40 PHFO 241645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI SEP 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N161W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH FROM LOW TO 11N167W MOVING 
WSW 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 
FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 161W AND 169W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N164W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 13N172W TO 08N177W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH...AND FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 171W AND 
176W.

.TROUGH FROM 10N170E TO 06N162E MOVING WNW SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 171E AND 161E.

.HIGH 29N145W 1020 MB WITH RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO HIGH TO 28N155W TO 
29N177E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 28N164W TO 30N180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 26N164W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 14N TO 18N BETWEEN 158W AND 164W...AND FROM 12N 
TO 22N W OF 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N153W TO 
29N161W TO 30N171W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 
26N150W TO 25N155W TO 27N161W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 27N140W TO 22N153W TO 22N166W TO 26N173W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT NW OF 
A LINE FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 170E...AND WITHIN 
60 NM OF LINE FROM 27N178W TO 25N179E TO 22N177E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N151W TO 11N158W...FROM 10N177W TO 
08N172E...AND FROM 09N162E TO 09N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 
06N TO 11N E OF 154W...FROM 06N TO 14N BETWEEN 154W AND 159W...FROM 
05N TO 12N BETWEEN 177W AND 171E...AND FROM 08N TO 11N W OF 162E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.