Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:45:15 -0500

812 
FZPN40 PHFO 242245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI SEP 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N162W 1012 MB MOVING WSW SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 28N150W TO 28N170W TO 30N175E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 28N160W TO 28N170W TO 
29N176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 27N160W TO 27N167W TO 
26N175W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 9 FT FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N148W TO 
27N160W TO 28N170W TO 30N173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF 20N E OF 170W.

.OTHERWISE SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N152W TO 11N158W...AND FROM 12N168W TO 
12N173W TO 09N173E TO 10N166E TO 10N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.