Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:20:13 -0500

049 
ATHW40 PHFO 250020
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT SEP 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 25 2010

AN AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS IS MOVING WEST ACROSS THE 
ISLANDS OF MAUI COUNTY AND IS POISED TO REACH OAHU WITHIN THE HOUR. 
IN THE MEANTIME...DAYTIME HEATING HAS INCREASED CLOUD COVER ACROSS 
THE BIG ISLAND. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER WINDWARD BIG 
ISLAND SLOPES...WHILE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS DOMINATE LEEWARD 
AND KAU SLOPES. KAUAI HAS SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS...WHILE SKY COVER 
ACROSS WINDWARD OAHU HAS BECOME BROKEN TO OVERCAST. MOLOKAI AND 
LANAI HAVE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...WHILE LEEWARD HALEAKALA AND ALL 
WINDWARD WEST SLOPES ON MAUI HAVE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. SKIES ARE MUCH 
CLEARER IMMEDIATELY UPWIND FROM MAUI...SO THAT ISLAND SHOULD SEE 
CLEARER SKIES SHORTLY. 

SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE EXTENDS ROUGHLY THROUGH 
30N140W...26N160W AND 26N170W. TRADE FLOW ALONG THE SOUTHERN FLANK 
OF THE RIDGE IS RATHER SLUGGISH WEST OF 150W...WITH LOW CLOUDS 
MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 
FARTHER TO THE NORTH...A 90 TO 150 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EXTENDS NORTH AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 
41N140W TO 35N150W TO 32N160W TO 32N170W TO 33N180W. MARKING A 
FRONTAL BOUNDARY...THIS CLOUD BAND IS MOVING TOWARD THE EAST AT 30 
TO 40 MPH ALONG 40N. MOVEMENT IS MORE TOWARD THE SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH 
AT 10 MPH OR LESS WEST OF 160W.

TO THE SOUTH...ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS...CB...MARK THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE WITHIN A 120 MILE WIDE ARC FROM 08N140W TO 08N160W 
TO 09N160W TO 12N170W TO 09N180W. A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 
13.2N163.2W IS MOVING WEST SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 10 MPH. A SINGLE CB 
PERSISTS JUST NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF CIRCULATION.

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.