Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:41:18 -0500

852 
ATPQ40 PGUM 250341
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT SEP 25 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

CONVERGING SURFACE WINDS SOUTHWEST OF A SURFACE RIDGE ARE CAUSING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA 
OR NORTH OF A LINE FROM 21N148E TO 21N150E TO 22N154E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 7N142E TO 15N144E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE TROUGH OVER THE SOUTHERN MARIANAS IN 
AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 11N140E TO 15N146E TO 13N150E TO 
7N150E TO 5N146E TO 9N144E TO 8N140E BACK TO 11N140E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND FARTHER WEST OF THE TROUGH 
JUST SOUTH OF KOROR WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N130E TO 8N138E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER A LARGE AREA FROM NORTH OF CHUUK EASTWARD ACROSS 
POHNPEI TO THE MARSHALL ISLANDS. THIS AREA IS WITHIN 130 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 10N150E TO 8N160E TO 8N170E TO 9N180...AND ALSO WITHIN 70 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 12N152E TO 15N159E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.